The average Amazon Prime member spends $1.4k each year with Amazon.
What’s crazier? I am a loyal Amazon Prime member. In all likelihood, you are, too. And that’s OK! There are lots of reasons to shop Amazon aside from convenience. OK, maybe not. But still, you can’t beat the ease of picking up your phone, clicking a button or two and getting a smiling box 2 days later.
But therein lies the problem. If we can’t make buying used products as “normal” and easy as clicking a button on Amazon, we’re all in a whole bunch of trouble.
Let’s look at some of the advantages of shopping with Amazon and then contrast them with attractive attributes that you can use to promote your estate sale:
- Shop 24/7
- No vehicle necessary
- Saving time
- Product availability
- Free or low-cost shipping
Your Estate Sale
- Pay and take it home
- Nobody actually likes waiting for things to be shipped. Promote the speed that someone can take an item home!
- The ability to interact with products before buying
- Pictures and ratings are great, but nothing beats being able to inspect an item before buying.
- Customer service
- People like dealing with other people, especially when the other person is friendly. Amazon is cold to its customers, you can be warm!
- Save your customers time, too!
- Have your sale organized for speedy shopping. Use Yardaroo Marketplaces to let your shoppers order ahead of time and pick up. You can compete on time savings!
- The experience!
- You have the opportunity to provide a shopping experience that digital stores can’t! This is super powerful, use it to your advantage.
As you can see, YOU have some great tools at your disposal to help you compete against Amazon.
If you’re already promoting these 5 key advantages to shop with YOU and your estate sale over Amazon, then you’re already ahead of the game. If not, start telling your customers about the great reasons to shop with you first before they click that “Free 2 Day Shipping” button.
How do I get started on Yardaroo?
Follow Andy on Twitter @YardarooDude